The Thieves' Guild (location)
|This article is about the location The Thieves' Guild. For other uses, see The Thieves' Guild.|
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Initially most of the NPCs will be very tight-lipped, only after joining the Thieves' Guild will they become more amicable and provide various services like fence or training:
- Brynjolf, right hand man of Mercer Frey
- Delvin Mallory, trainer in Sneaking, guild jobs
- Dirge, bouncer
- Galathil, can change appearance of humans (Dawnguard DLC only)
- Tonilia, fence and quartermaster
- Vekel the Man, proprietor of the Ragged Flagon
- Vex, trainer in Lockpicking, guild jobs
After guild starts to prosper:
- Arnskar Ember-Master, blacksmith
- Herluin Lothaire, alchemist
- Syndus, fletcher
- Vanryth Gatharian, blacksmith
Usually found in the cistern:
- Cynric Endell
- Mercer Frey, master of Thieves' Guild
- Niruin, trainer in Archery
- Vipir the Fleet, trainer in Pickpocketing
Places[edit | edit source]
The Ragged Flagon[edit | edit source]
The Ragged Flagon is a pub located beneath Riften in the Ratway. It is used as a base of operations by the Thieves' Guild and used to be a bustling place of commerce when the Guild was in its heyday. It has since fallen into a bit of disrepair after the Guild started losing its fortunes.
The main area of the pub and where outsiders are allowed. There are four alcoves around the edge of the area that will be occupied by merchants as the Thieves Guild regains its former glory. Vex and Delvin Mallory can be found spending most of their time here along with Tonilia, Dirge, and Vekel the Man.
The Ragged Flagon - Cistern[edit | edit source]
The Cistern is the main area of the Thieves' Guild. Only members are allowed in here. Access is through an easily missed door (through a storage cabinet) at the back of the pub. In here are the sleeping quarters, storage areas and training rooms, the latter features a note: Training Chests) of the guild.
The beds used by the members are arranged along the outer edge of the area, some members use wooden screens for some privacy. To the north-east, is a passage leading to a training room with some straw dummies and locked 'training' chests. Straight ahead (in the south-east) is the guild master's desk and the door to the Guild Vault requiring two of three keys to open. The vault only opens during The Pursuit.
The exit to the south-west leads to a secret entrance in the Riften graveyard. In the centre of the Cistern is a platform that is mainly used for officers of the Guild to discuss important matters.
Items of Note[edit | edit source]
- Business Ledger, alchemy lab, cooking pot, grindstone and beds ×9.
- Guild chests ~540, ~286, ~380, ~5060 value (L66).
- Thieves Guild Gloves ×2, Thieves Guild Boots ×2, Thieves Guild Hood ×2 and Thieves Guild Armor.
- Various notes: East Empire Connection, Have Need of Cynric (under Business Ledger bench), Eyes Open and No Word Yet.
- Copies of Shadowmarks ×3 (read!), Nightingales: Fact or Fiction?, Fall from Glory ×2 and Thief of Virtue.
Cistern - Training Chamber:
- Steel Battleaxe, everything else was stolen.