Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Guidelines on working on the wiki
- Monster articles must always be SINGULAR (i.e. Mammoth instead of Mammoths). Categories must always be PLURAL (i.e. Monsters instead of Monster). --W13 08:31, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Since lore plays a big role in this game, we should have a lore section in each article. --W13 03:09, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
Things to do
- Create new articles based on information released in Skyrim interviews and videos.
- Add content. The wiki is thin and is useless without detailed information, pictures, and categories.
Dragon Shouts are composed of words of power shouted at foes in the Dragon tongue. Only Dragons and the Dragonborn (or the Dovahkiin in the Dragon tongue) can use use these words of power in spoken form to produce powerful magical effects, although it is rumored that the mystical Greybeards of Skyrim have similarly mastered certain words of power. Listen closely when fighting a dragon and one will likely hear the dragon use these words of power to perform it's fire or frost attacks.
Most of these Dragon tongue words of power may be found in written form in old ruins throughout Skyrim. Once discovered, the Dragonborn must then absorb a dragon soul by killing a dragon in order to empower (or unlock) the word of power for use. A complete dragon shout is composed of three words of power, however, even the utterance of only the first or first and second words of a specific dragon shout will unleash some of the effects of the complete dragon shout. Some dragon shouts are reported to have effects such as dragon breath (fire or frost), the ability to slow time, knock foes back, or even conjure up sudden lighting storms to lay waste to foes from the sky. One dragon shout in particular is rumored to call upon a named red dragon to assist the Dragonborn in battle. Dragon Shouts do not require or utilize magic abilities or attributes, but they can only be used periodically; the more powerful the Dragon Shout, the less often it can be used.
Curse or UESP
Why does this site exist? First of all its idiotic and shortsighted to just cover Skyrim. It is the 5th game in the series after all, and those games deserve just as much wiki space. Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the UESP and Elder Scrolls Wiki already exist. And any Elder Scrolls fan knows that UESP is the Elder Scrolls bible. This site is totally unnecessary, and I hope no one contributes. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I'm sorry you feel that way, and you are welcome to visit any site you choose. -- Wynthyst talk 09:25, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
while i don't agree with the way that poster said it, its kinda true, there is already an elderscrolls wikia and the uesp wiki, so what is the point of this wiki? 220.127.116.11 17:46, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
- The point of this wiki is to document Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There is no limit to the number of sites that can support a game. Different people have different preferences, so providing the Skyrim community options is a good thing, who knows? You may find things here that you don't find elsewhere. Again, you are welcome to visit and contribute to any site you wish, but please stop bashing the efforts of the people who have chosen to contribute here. -- Wynthyst talk 17:54, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
i wasn't bashing, i was asking a question but as i said the other wikis have covered nearly everything on skyrim, this really is just a version of elderscrolls wiki that is just limited to skyrim. most people would search for uesp or elderscroll wiki so as i said there isn't much point in it. good luck with it though, maybe one day i will come across a solution for companions quest bug on here, that is of course if the others don't find the solution first. 18.104.22.168 00:11, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
This wiki really doesn't have anything in comparison to the elderscrolls wiki. Stuff can be found here, but almost anything can be found there. I clicked random page for about 10 minutes and 3 of every 4 clicks sent me to a page with a title and nothing else. 22.214.171.124 15:19, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to acknowledge the existence of UESP in case someone found this site (which is unfortunately lacking certain information) before finding UESP (which is more comprehensive), in the spirit of helping users find the information they want. If this site had a Template:stub, I think that would be the perfect place to add such a link. "This page is short. Please help by [expanding it]. If you can't find what you're looking for, try [UESP]." Just a thought. 126.96.36.199 01:22, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
I think it's perfectly reasonable for each game to have a dedicated Wiki. Furthermore, Skyrim is the most massive game in the series in terms of sheer places to visit, characters, and lore. If anything, it wouldn't surprise me if eventually a Wiki isn't developed specifically for each major entry in the series, which isn't then portalled to the UESP. Frankly, I prefer this one. I like the style and the design much better and I think many of the articles have a superior writing style - and that's not just because I contribute here often. :) (User:jhfurnish)