We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
The Soul Cairn is a mystical location on a plane of Oblivion where disrupted or otherwise cursed souls often find themselves trapped. They may have been cursed by a magically powerful being, or indeed a daedra lord, or sent there after being disrupted in the process of being trapped in a Soul Gem and their energy thereafter consumed in its use. The latter possibility is offered by arcane theorists who insist that souls trapped in Soul Gems that are later expended are never truly destroyed.
The Soul Cairn is defended by undead who are controlled by elder spirit beings known as the Ideal Masters. These undead, similar to draugr, are known as Bonemen. There are several giant-sized, Dragonplate Armor-plated warriors overlooking the Cairn known as Boneyard Keepers. When any of these undead are slain, all that remains seems to be a black, liquid puddle.
Also inhabiting the Soul Cairn are the countless souls that arrive there and remain, apparently forever trapped.
Strewn all over the place are Soul Husks (×300+), that initially seem to be of no real value, other than to the merchant soul of Morven Stroud who will trade them in for various armour and weapons. Valerica can turn them into potions.
Several gates can be unlocked by shooting arrows at stones with round holes containing glowing blueish spheres. A few Lightning Rods (×3; e.g. east of portal) will let the Dragonborn place a grand or greater soul gem in them and turn it into a Black Soul Gem.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Places[edit | edit source]
Boneyard[edit | edit source]
Following the main path north-east of the portal, the entrance to the Boneyard and Valerica can be found. The dragon Durnehviir has to be faced inside this yard. And here the Elder Scroll (Blood) can be found.
Reaper's Lair[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Beyond Death, the search for Valerica
- Impatience of a Saint, "Find pages from Saint Jiub's Opus"
- Soul Cairn Horse Quest, "Find Arvak's Skull in the Soul Cairn"
Items of Note[edit | edit source]
- Potion ×5, poison, alchemy lab, Greater Soul Gem ×3, Grand Soul Gem, Ruby and Copper and Sapphire Circlet.
- Spell Tome: Conjure Boneman, Scroll of Storm Thrall, Spell Tome: Conjure Wrathman, Spell Tome: Conjure Mistman and Resist Poison Potion Recipe (near Valerica).
- Steel Dagger of Sapping, Staff of the Storm Atronach, Glass Greatsword of Blizzards, Dwarven Dagger of Flames and Ebony Shield.
- Chests ~360 (on roof, east of portal), ~1470, ~1740, ~3230, ~1810, ~620, ~200, ~210, ~360, ~3080 (at crystal), ~1280, ~2100, ~2350, ~1370, ~1280, ~2120, ~1720, ~840, ~2000; knapsack ~520 (on tower) value (L72).