As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Folgunthur is a Nordic ruin located on the other side of the Karth River from Solitude, between the city and Ustengrav. It is inhabited by a few draugr, contains a door which requires the Ivory Dragon Claw to open and Mikrul Gauldurson as the boss.
The quest Forbidden Legend leads the Dragonborn there.
Just outside the ruin is Daynas Valen's camp, inside is his body.
Places[edit | edit source]
Daynas Valen's Camp[edit | edit source]
Folgunthur[edit | edit source]
The Dragonborn finds five dead adventurers and many killed draugrs on the path through the tomb until finding the unfortunate dead Daynas Valen. The Ivory Dragon Claw is on his body, to get through the rest of the ruins and also Daynas Valen's Notes.
Folgunthur Crypt[edit | edit source]
This is where the main opponent, Mikrul Gauldurson, and his draugr thralls are found. Killing Mikrul also kills any remaining thralls. On his body: Gauldur Amulet Fragment, Gauldur Blackblade and a Writ of Sealing (for Mikrul). There is also a word wall which has one of the words of power for the shout Frost Breath.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Puzzles[edit | edit source]
- In the room with two switches on the left and two on the right, combination: left front up, left back down, right front down, and right back up.
- In the dead end room with a grate in the floor, enter the eastern room and note the order of the plates (left to right): snake, whale, hawk. Then open the west room using the switch next to the throne, and mirror the plates from the other room, standing in front of the three switches left to right this means: hawk, whale, snake. Then pull the chain in the main room to open the grate in the floor.
- Standing in front of the huge stone gate, you need its combination. Look at the Ivory Dragon Claw in the inventory to get the combination (top to bottom): Hawk, Hawk, Dragon.
Items of Note[edit | edit source]
- Once the Dragonborn has the Ivory Dragon Claw in the puzzle room, unlock the stone wall door: Chest ~470 value (L55).
- Potions ×5, Grand Soul Gem, and Steel Shield.
- A copy of Fire and Darkness.
- Chests ~210; urn ~110; burial urn ~180, ~180, ~150 value (L55).
- Steel Warhammer, Black Soul Gem, Iron Armor and Elven Helmet.