A few out of the ordinary things to find or look into:
- Headless Horseman can be found in the game. It is not yet known exactly where he can be found, though he seems to usually appear near Whiterun. If you follow him, he leads you to Hamvir's Rest graveyard which is thought to perhaps be his burial site. You can check out the entire Headless Horseman encounter in 1080p here!
- At the top of highest mountain in Skyrim, the Throat of the World, there is a reference to Markus "Notch" Persson, creator of Minecraft in the form of a Notched Pickaxe. However, this Easter Egg is unintentional as previous Elder Scrolls games have included the Notched Pickaxe item (years before Minecraft and the Bethesda vs Mojang lawsuits).
- Located at Rebel's Cairn, between Karthwasten (near Markarth) and Rorikstead, players can come across the sword in the stone from the legend of King Arthur.
- Also to do with the legend of King Arthur is the Lady of the Lake in the form of a skeletal hand holding a sword west of Whiterun in a misty lake.
- An option when speaking to Delphine is, "I was expecting someone taller", a reference to Star Wars when Luke rescues Princess Leia.
- Starting from Helgen, go east into the mountains and you will find a small valley path. Follow it past Haemar's Shame to find M'aiq the Liar, a robe-wearing Khajiit that speaks in riddles and spouts unimportant nonsense, and has made several appearances in Morrowind and Oblivion. M'aiq the Liar can be found all over Skyrim, usually along the main roads, e.g. near Dawnstar and Markarth.