College of Winterhold (location)
|This article is about the location College of Winterhold. For other uses, see College of Winterhold.|
Places[edit | edit source]
Hall of the Elements[edit | edit source]
Arcanaeum[edit | edit source]
The library of the college. This area is overseen by Urag gro-Shub.
There are 28 book cases that require a key, another seven such book cases contain 17 books respectively, in the open another 71 books are available, though all are considered stealing.
An ominous Investigator's Chest contains four rings.
Arch-Mage's Quarters[edit | edit source]
Initially these are the quarters of Savos Aren, but later, the Dragonborn can become Arch-Mage of the college and take possession of the quarters after finishing the College of Winterhold quest line. This area includes a sleeping area with a bed, an alchemy lab, an arcane enchanter, a safe and a garden of ingredients. There is also a pair of shock resistance boots on the dresser next to the bed. And on a shelf another Unusual Gem can be found.
Hall of Attainment[edit | edit source]
Mixed students' and instructors' quarters. On the lower level are the following rooms (beds ×6):
- Ancano, north-west cell
- Brelyna Maryon, south cell
- J'zargo, north cell
- Onmund, south-west cell
- Tolfdir, south-east cell
- Dragonborn, north-east cell
And on the upper level (beds ×4):
- Arniel Gane, south-west cell
- Enthir, north-west cell
- Mirabelle Ervine, south-west cell (bed shared)
- Nirya, north-east cell
Hall of Countenance[edit | edit source]
And on the upper level (beds ×3):
The Midden[edit | edit source]
The Midden is a series of tunnels beneath the college, accessible from the main court yard and the Hall of Countenance hatches in the floor. It is there that four students went missing some months prior. The odd draugr and Ice Wraith can be encountered here.
The Midden Dark[edit | edit source]
Further in the Midden Dark features an alchemy lab and a Daedric Relic armoured hand. Nearby the Midden Incident Report and the Investigator's Key shed some light on the relic. A couple of skeletons and Frostbite Spiders may also roam the passages.
In the west of the cave system an ominous door requires a key.
Items of Note[edit | edit source]
- Safe ~1000 value (L65, stealing).
- Staff of the Frost Atronach, Grand Soul Gem, Greater Soul Gem ×2 and a copy of Imperial Report on Saarthal.
- Books ×7, Potions ×18 and poisons ×4.
Hall of Attainment:
- After joining the college the Dragonborn is assigned a cell on the lower floor, this can be looted for Vampire Dust, Void Salts, Ice Wraith Teeth ×2, Ectoplasm and a copy of Azura and the Box.
- On the upper floor there are copies of The Book of Daedra, The "Madmen" of the Reach and Souls, Black and White.
Hall of Countenance:
- Potions ×5 and one poison.
- Potion, Torchbug Thorax ×5, Silver Ruby Ring (in bowl) and a Iron Dagger with a fire damage enchantment (either Embers, Burning, or Scorching, depending on player level), at finger tips of a skeleton.