Broken Oar Grotto
Broken Oar Grotto is a cave located on the north coast of Skyrim, almost directly north of the city of Solitude. It is there that Jaree-Ra retreats after double-crossing the Dragonborn. Inside the grotto are the following amenities:
- Blacksmith forge
- Tanning Rack
- Wood Chopping Block
- Bed roll ×4, and one bed
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Items of Note[edit | edit source]
- At the entrance, dive just under the boat stuck in the rock slide: Chest ~550 value (L54).
- At the far end of the cave, another sunken boat has a large chest on deck, use Hargar's Chest Key to open it: Chest ~830 value (L54).
- Books ×17, a copy of Cherim's Heart, potion ×5, poison, Iron Ore Vein ×2, and Corundum Ore Vein.
- Banded Iron Shield and a Silver Amethyst Ring on bed-side table.
- Chests ~340, ~340, ~180 value (L54).
- Hargar's Journal, details that Jaree-Ra is actively searching a scapegoat to take the blame for his next big plan, and that someone stupid enough should be out there. This is part of the background story to the quest Lights Out!. And the one potentially stupid enough, of course, is the Dragonborn. The journal also explains the boat stuck in the entrance cave wall; a landslide occurred trapping all the Blackblood ships in the cave.