We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Alftand is a large Dwemer ruin located in the mountains south-west of Winterhold. Scattered about the ruin is evidence of a rather ill-fated expedition led by Sulla Trebatius. Other members of the expedition included:
- Endrast, an explorer of some renown
- J'zhar, labourer
- J'darr, labourer
- Umana, Sulla's bodyguard
- Valie, a mage not affiliated with the College of Winterhold
- Yag gra-Gortwog, hired muscle
Places[edit | edit source]
Outside the ruins are the remains of two cabins, a small campsite with bed roll and a staircase descending into the ruins proper. One cabin contains a Expedition Manifest and a Chest ~640 value (L59).
Alftand Glacial Ruins[edit | edit source]
The Glacial Ruins are likely the first entrance found into the ruins of Alftand. There, the Dragonborn finds the remains of several members of a doomed expedition including one of the Khajiit brothers, J'zhar. The other Khajiit, J'darr attacks and must be killed in order to proceed. A blacksmith forge can be found in the chambers.
Alftand Animonculory[edit | edit source]
The Animonculory reveals yet more corpses of the doomed expedition, including Endrast with Endrast's Journal, Yag gra-Gortwog and Valie. There is also an alchemy lab, an anvil, a workbench and two tanning racks in this area.
Alftand Cathedral[edit | edit source]
The Cathedral is one of the final chambers before finding the lift to the outside world. From here, you can also enter Blackreach after using a Dwarven Mechanism to open the way. The Dwarven Centurion attacking will have the Key to Alftand Lift.
Alftand Ruined Tower[edit | edit source]
This area is not actually connected to any of the other Alftand sub-locations.
Items of Note[edit | edit source]
- To the west up a glacier: Orichalcum Ore Vein ×2; to the south-south-east of the tower, up the hills: Corundum Ore Vein; to the east-south-east: Iron Ore Vein; and even further east: Orichalcum Ore Vein ×2.
- Gold Ore ×2, Silver Ore ×2, Iron Ore ×2, Iron Ingot ×2 and Silver Ingot ×2.
- Potions ×3, Spell Tome: Lesser Ward and Dwemer Gyro ×3.
- Dwemer chests ~600, ~3743 value (L59).
- Potions ×7, Dwemer Gyro ×3, Dwarven Metal Ingot, Soul Gem Fragment ×3, Black Soul Gem, bed roll ×7 and stone beds ×3.
- Copies of Chimarvamidium, Dwarves, v2, Dwemer Inquiries Vol I and Dwemer Inquiries Vol III.
- Chest ~250; Dwemer chests ~810, ~270, ~1510, ~110, ~1070, ~2870, ~1200; knapsack ~330; J'zhar's Pack ~160 value (L59).
- Secret area up via three pistons: potion ×2, Dwarven Metal Ingot ×2, Flawless Emerald and Dwemer chests ~530, ~630 value (L59).
- Potions ×6, one poison, Dwemer Gyro ×2, Stone bed and Chaurus Eggs ×85.
- Gold Ore, Silver Ore, Silver Ingot ×2, Dwarven Metal Ingot, Iron Ore, Orichalcum Ingot, Orichalcum Ore and Quicksilver Ore.
- Dwemer chests ~870, ~1220, ~1420, ~780, ~960, ~520, ~1380 value (L59).
- Dwarven Helmet, a copy of The Locked Room, Imperial Officer's Helmet, Scroll of Cure Wounds, Small Pearl, Garnet, Soul Gem Fragment ×2, Skooma and Blue Mage Robes.