The Aetherium Forge is a located beneath the Ruins of Bthalft and only accessible once all four Aetherium Shards have been assembled to form the Aetherium Crest. The over 4000-year-old forge is guarded by by Dwarven Constructs, including The Forgemaster.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Items of Note[edit | edit source]
- Chests ~1110, ~940 (behind waterfall), ~1140, ~2450 value (L51).
- Dwemer Gyro on table; at the bottom of the lake: Grand Soul Gem.
- Passing the stone gateway, keep left, into the rock: Dwarven Battleaxe of Fire.
- Dwarven Bow on table before resonator gate.
In forge chamber:
- Potions ×6, Dwarven Helmet, Dwarven Greatsword of Flames, Dwemer Gyro, Centurion Dynamo Core, Dwarven Metal Ingot ×3.
Secret Areas[edit | edit source]
- In the forge walk towards the lava, both on the east and the west ramp, keep going east and west respectively to find gates and secret passages. Some degree of fire resistance helps.
- Chests ~1080, ~2280 value (L51).
Issues[edit | edit source]
- Consoles: For the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, swimming through lava while using the Become Ethereal shout or using items with the Resist Fire enchantment will obscure the player character's vision.
- PC: If the player chooses to add the Aetherium Crest to their inventory via console commands (cheating) will cause the quest to stall.