The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller (quest)
|This article is about the quest The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. For other uses, see Horn of Jurgen Windcaller.|
The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller
|Prerequisite||The Way of the Voice|
|Followed by||A Blade in the Dark|
After demonstrating my ability to learn Words of Power and to Shout, the Greybeard Arngeir has sent me on a final trial — retrieving the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller from his tomb in Ustengrav, a burial mound in the marshes of Hjaalmarch.— Dragonborn
Halfway through this quest, it is marked as failed, which can be distressing to players, but it does continue after that point and is ultimately completed.
Retrieve the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller
- Your quick mastery of a new Thu'um is... astonishing. I'd heard stories of the abilities of the Dragonborn, but to see it for myself...
- I thought it was this easy for everyone.
- No. Indeed not. But beware that your skill does not outstrip your wisdom. You are now ready for your last trial. Retrieve the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, our founder, from his tomb in the ancient fane of Ustengrav. Remain true to the Way of the Voice, and you will return.
Meet with whoever took the horn
When I arrived, the horn was missing, and in its place was a note from Delphine asking me to meet her in Riverwood. Delphine has given me the horn, so I can now return to Arngeir and complete my training.— Dragonborn
Return the horn to Arngeir
- Ah! You've retrieved the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. Well done. You have now passed all the trials.
Learn the Word of Power from Wulfgar
- Come with me. It is time for us to recognize you formally as Dragonborn. You are ready to learn the final word of Unrelenting Force, "Dah", which means "Push". With all three words together, this Shout is much more powerful. Use it wisely. Master Wulfgar will now gift you with his knowledge of "Dah".
Receive the Greybeards' greeting
- You have completed your training, Dragonborn. We would Speak to you. Stand between us, and prepare yourself. Few can withstand the unbridled Voice of the Greybeards. But you are ready.
- Lingrah krosis saraan Sirundu'ul, voth nid balaan klov praan nau. Naal Thu-umu, mu ofan nii nu, Dovahkiin, naal suleyk do Kaan, naal suleyk do Shor, uhrk naal suleyk do Atmorasewuth. Meyz nu Ysmir, Dovahsebrom.l Dahmaan daar rok.
- Dovahkiin. You have tasted the Voice of the Greybeards, and passed through unscathed. High Hrothgar is open to you.
I returned it to Arngeir to complete my trial. The Greybeards then greeted me formally as Dragonborn, and High Hrothgar is now open to me.— Dragonborn