Dimhollow Crypt is a location featured in the Dawnguard add-on. It is located south-west of Dawnstar, near the Lord Stone. It is the location of one of the word walls for the shout Drain Vitality, as well as where Serana is trapped.
Dimhollow Cavern is the largest chamber in Dimhollow Crypt. In Notes on Dimhollow Crypt, Vol. 3, which are found in the cavern, Vigilant Adalvald described it thusly:
- "Central to this huge cavern is an island of stone in a subterranean lake. Upon this island is something I can only describe as an elaborate ceremonial construction surrounded by stone columns linked by arches. There is no mistaking the stark contrast in architecture here; no ancient Nords made this stonework. Here, too, were more of the gargoyle statues that I first glimpsed in earlier passageways."
Additionally, there are eight Malachite Ore Veins.
The central inland in the large cave comprises five braziers (in an outer ring) and one central switch. First activate the central switch, note that this infects the Dragonborn. The push out the the south-west and north-west braziers, by standing between them and the central switch and activate them. The other tree braziers need to be pushed inward, this time stand outside of the braziers and activating them. This turns on the flames of the braziers. Finally activate the central column again to free Serana.
Items of Note
- To the west, still on the path up the mountain: Corundum Ore Vein.
- Potions ×14, arcane enchanter, Elven Sword of Leeching and Grand Soul Gem.
- Chests ~830, ~990; urn ~210; burial urn ~130 value (L58).
- In the room with several short caged-in dead end passages, the use of Telekinesis yields: Sanctified Orcish Bow (east cell), Iron Dagger of Frost and several potions.
- Scroll of Fire Storm on pedestal, note the pool is actually empty.
- Chests ~1450, ~420 (north-east chamber), ~310, ~3890; burial urn ~200 value (L58).
- Vigilant Adalvald has a copy of Physicalities of Werewolves on bis body.
- Spell Tome: Necromantic Healing, potions ×3, [[Steel Battleaxe of Chills] and Steel War Axe of Dismay.