From Skyrim Wiki
Those venturing in Skyrim's deepest underground reaches should be wary of the Chaurus, a giant insect that spits poison and bites with its razor-sharp mandibles.— game loading screen
|Resist Poison 50%|
Poison Spit Attack
| Chaurus Chitin|
Chaurus Eggs (Occasionally)
- Chaurus – A basic type of Chaurus.
- Chaurus Reaper – A larger and tougher type of Chaurus.
- Chaurus Hunter – A type of Chaurus introduced in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard.
- Chaurus are susceptible to lightning-based magic. Chances are the electric magic will be weaker than fireball or ice shard.
- When found in groups, the Kyne's Peace shout can be used to allow lower level players to more easily pick off the Chaurus one by one.
- On higher levels of difficulty (Expert and Master) they can be more dangerous than Falmer archers at range due to their poisonous spit, which cannot be deflected by a shield and does increased damage.