Those venturing in Skyrim's deepest underground reaches should be wary of the Chaurus, a giant insect that spits poison and bites with its razor-sharp mandibles.
— game loading screen
|Resist Poison 50%|
Poison Spit Attack
| Chaurus Chitin|
Chaurus Eggs (Occasionally)
Chaurus are insectoid creatures that live deep within dungeons. They have been domesticated by the Falmer so you will find these two monsters together very often. Chaurus resemble giant earwigs and attack by spitting poison from range or their pincers when close. They are very tough to kill and pose a danger to low leveled characters.
- Chaurus – A basic type of Chaurus.
- Chaurus Reaper – A larger and tougher type of Chaurus.
- Chaurus Hunter – A type of Chaurus introduced in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard.
- Chaurus are susceptible to lightning-based magic. Chances are the electric magic will be weaker than fireball or ice shard.
- When found in groups, the Kyne's Peace shout can be used to allow lower level players to more easily pick off the Chaurus one by one.
- On higher levels of difficulty (Expert and Master) they can be more dangerous than Falmer archers at range due to their poisonous spit, which cannot be deflected by a shield and does increased damage.