Alftand is a large Dwemer ruin located in the mountains south-west of Winterhold. Scattered about the ruin is evidence of a rather ill-fated expedition led by Sulla Trebatius. Other members of the expedition included:
- Endrast, an explorer of some renown
- J'zhar, labourer
- J'darr, labourer
- Umana, Sulla's bodyguard
- Valie, a mage not affiliated with the College of Winterhold
- Yag gra-Gortwog, hired muscle
Places[edit | edit source]
Outside the ruins are the remains of two cabins, a small campsite with bed roll and a staircase descending into the ruins proper. One cabin contains a Expedition Manifest and a Chest ~640 value (L59).
Alftand Glacial Ruins[edit | edit source]
The Glacial Ruins are likely the first entrance found into the ruins of Alftand. There, the Dragonborn finds the remains of several members of a doomed expedition including one of the Khajiit brothers, J'zhar. The other Khajiit, J'darr attacks and must be killed in order to proceed. A blacksmith forge can be found in the chambers.
Alftand Animonculory[edit | edit source]
The Animonculory reveals yet more corpses of the doomed expedition, including Endrast with Endrast's Journal, Yag gra-Gortwog and Valie. There is also an alchemy lab, an anvil, a workbench and two tanning racks in this area.
Alftand Cathedral[edit | edit source]
The Cathedral is one of the final chambers before finding the lift to the outside world. From here, you can also enter Blackreach after using a Dwarven Mechanism to open the way. The Dwarven Centurion attacking will have the Key to Alftand Lift.
Alftand Ruined Tower[edit | edit source]
This area is not actually connected to any of the other Alftand sub-locations.
Items of Note[edit | edit source]
- To the west up a glacier: Orichalcum Ore Vein ×2; to the south-south-east of the tower, up the hills: Corundum Ore Vein; to the east-south-east: Iron Ore Vein; and even further east: Orichalcum Ore Vein ×2.
- Gold Ore ×2, Silver Ore ×2, Iron Ore ×2, Iron Ingot ×2 and Silver Ingot ×2.
- Potions ×3, Spell Tome: Lesser Ward and Dwemer Gyro ×3.
- Dwemer chests ~600, ~3743 value (L59).
- Potions ×7, Dwemer Gyro ×3, Dwarven Metal Ingot, Soul Gem Fragment ×3, Black Soul Gem, bed roll ×7 and stone beds ×3.
- Copies of Chimarvamidium, Dwarves, v2, Dwemer Inquiries Vol I and Dwemer Inquiries Vol III.
- Chest ~250; Dwemer chests ~810, ~270, ~1510, ~110, ~1070, ~2870, ~1200; knapsack ~330; J'zhar's Pack ~160 value (L59).
- Secret area up via three pistons: potion ×2, Dwarven Metal Ingot ×2, Flawless Emerald and Dwemer chests ~530, ~630 value (L59).
- Potions ×6, one poison, Dwemer Gyro ×2, Stone bed and Chaurus Eggs ×85.
- Gold Ore, Silver Ore, Silver Ingot ×2, Dwarven Metal Ingot, Iron Ore, Orichalcum Ingot, Orichalcum Ore and Quicksilver Ore.
- Dwemer chests ~870, ~1220, ~1420, ~780, ~960, ~520, ~1380 value (L59).
- Dwarven Helmet, a copy of The Locked Room, Imperial Officer's Helmet, Scroll of Cure Wounds, Small Pearl, Garnet, Soul Gem Fragment ×2, Skooma and Blue Mage Robes.